Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Just a Spoon Full of Sugar Makes the Medicine Go Up?
Sugar is in everything from apple juice to cookies to ice cream, to soda, to cupcakes, to EVERYTHING!
It would seem that sugar isn't all that bad. I mean, let's face it, sugar does make one feel good or even great.
Sugar may taste good , but it is considered one of the silent killers of today.
Sugar is one of the huge reasons why the world is obese.
We eat the sweets and don't burn enough calories to keep the weight that sugar produces off.
Here are some facts about sugar, and then we will look at why it is bad.
1. The average American consumes 22 teaspoons of sugar in a single day.
2. The average child consumes a lip smacking 32 teaspoons of sugar a day!
3. Women should have no more than 6 teaspoons of sugar in a day.
Men should have no more than 9 teaspoons a day.
4. It was estimated in 2000 in the U.S. that the average person consumed a ridiculous 150 POUNDS of sugar in a year per person!
5. In the American diet alone added sugar accounts for 496 calories every day!
Reasons Why Sugar is Bad:
1. Sugar deprives the body of vitamins and nutrients that are essential to everyday health, heart and teeth health.
2. It immobilizes your immune system. If you are always sick or susceptible to being sick, check how much sugar you are consuming.
3. It impairs liver function, which can lead to high blood pressure, skin issues, and acne.
4. It restricts blood flow and affects aging, contributing considerably to dental issues, increased wrinkles, and dry, aged skin.
5. It is addictive and stopping the consumption all at once can cause withdraw symptoms, such as fatigue, depression, headaches, and achy limbs.
Look at the facts, and then look at the reasons why sugar is bad.
I think that we can conclude that sugar is bad for the body.
If you take the average sugar calories in a day, which is 496, and multiply it out over seven days it comes out to 3472. It then multiples into four weeks in a month out to 13,888 CALORIES. Then it multiplies into twelve months in a year out to 166,656, which is like saying that you put on 47 pounds of sugar related FAT! The numbers are atrocious!
Let's take a stand and eliminate those extra calories to defeat obesity.
Obesity Overload, wishing you good day, and happy sugar free eating!