Thursday, February 26, 2015

Stuck in a Rut? Blast Through Your Plateau!

Are you one of those people that is stuck in a rut? You work out, try to do everything right, but you still can't lose weight? I am here to tell you that there are a few things that you can do, starting today, that will help you blast through your plateau and get to the point of burning fat again. You may have lost a good bit of weight and then it slowed down or stopped. This is what we call a plateau. It happens when what you're doing for weight loss, your diet, workout, and other things that you're doing become insufficient and too easy for your body to handle. Let's look at a few things that can help!

1. Cut Out Sugar
If you already haven't cut out sugar, you will be pleasantly surprised to find that you can help blast through your plateau if you merely cut out sugar. Sugar is what diseases and cancer feeds on. There is little to no good bodily benefits to sugar besides the fact that it gives you a little bit of energy. If you cut out sugar, you are on your way to blasting that plateau.

2. Get Motivated!
One reason why you may be plateauing in your weight loss is because of a lack of motivation. I have found that in my own weight loss, if I wasn't fully committed to doing it, making it work, really cooking good things, and keeping my motivation, I would fall behind and gain weight in my plateau. You need to stay motivated to blast through the plateau! Here is a video to help you guys with motivation!


3. Cut the Calories
Something that I figured out a long time ago when I was working on my weight loss was that you really have to watch how many calories you cut and make sure that you are really cutting calories. You may think that you're cutting calories in one area of the weight loss, but you forget that you are still consuming them by the truckload in other areas of weight loss. Cut those calories.

4. Change Your Workout
Another revelation that I had when I was younger and studying about weight loss was the fact that the body, when you give it enough time, will make itself strong enough to become efficient enough to get through your workout with ease. It was mind blowing! Change your workout and make it harder or get a different kind of workout that utilizes your weaker muscle groups. Blast through that plateau!

5. Visualize
A lot of the time that I spent in weight loss was time that I didn't visualize what I was doing. I thought that I was still fat, still overweight, still obese, and it was a driving force for that huge plateau that weighed me down. Visualize success and visualize a skinnier and more slim and sleek you that you can be proud of. Don't get weighed down on where you are now, visualize where you want to be.

6. Journal EVERYTHING
If you guys remember, I incorporated keeping journal into our weight loss steps at the founding of this blog. Writing down everything that you eat, lick, or taste can be a great way to see exactly what you are eating. It helps us know what we are eating, how much of it, when we eat it, and it allows us to adjust our weight loss program and how we do things accordingly.

7. Eat More Fiber
This is a rut that I found myself in when I looked at my weight loss. I wasn't eating enough fiber and I had a lot of food just sitting in my stomach that was seeming to rot. I wasn't passing my food quick enough because I wasn't eating enough fiber, and this was allowing my body to consume and put on more of the fat and weight from my food. Eating more fiber allows your body to get rid of impurities.

8. Overeating
A lot of the time, when we go to restaurants, they give us gigantic amounts of food. We think that we have to eat all of this food, when in fact, we don't! Put half of your meal into a box or doggy bag and save it for later. Overeating can happen at home as well. When you are at home all the time, you're around food, and your body feels like it wants to eat all of the time. Get out of this rut and blast through that plateau.

You guys can and will conquer your plateau. I believe that you guys can get out of this rut and blast through your plateau. I would suggest implementing these tips on how to get out of your plateau. When you let your plateau go to long, it becomes harder to get out of it later on. The longer you wait on getting out the worse off you are. Weight loss is a hard venture that takes strength and energy to get through. You can do it!

~Obesity Overload

No comments:

Post a Comment