Friday, December 28, 2012

Bodybuilder's Diet - What Does It Entail?

I'm sure that many of you, like myself, would like to have that bodybuilder's body.
I was unclear on what it entailed until I did my research.

So, today I want to share with you, my more ambitious crowd, and even those people that want the washboard abs!

What does the bodybuilder's diet entail?

1. More Protein
You may have heard about the large amounts of protein that a bodybuilder needs for lifting weights and gaining muscle, right? We are going to take that down a notch.

While it is good to eat protein, we suggest you take it slow for the first couple of weeks.
Beginner bodybuilder protein that I would suggest is 50-80 grams of protein a day.

Protein is the building blocks for building more muscle that will in turn burn more fat.
You can eat chicken or eggs and drink milk and protein shakes for boosts of protein.

2. Eating Better
You have to eat more obviously if you intend to build the muscle, but you have to eat right.
It's like this; you eat more calories (good calories), that feeds the body, that builds the muscle.

I would suggest eating a lot of eggs, chicken, fish, milk, peanut butter, and fruits and vegetables.
The good calories come from fruits and vegetables and those low fat meats and milk.
Eating pizza, burgers, fries, and other fast food will not help you achieve this diet's goal.

In saying what I did above, I must warn you that you will gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat.
If you are concerned with looking bigger for a few weeks while you build the muscle to burn the fat, then you should consider a different diet.

I can tell you right now that I have gained a lot of muscle, and am currently burning fat, but I feel bigger than I was. All that to say that I'm feeling stronger and buffer than I was before the diet.

Search & Win

3. Working Out
Working out is crucial to any diet, but is the main aspect of the bodybuilder's diet.
In order to burn the calories you have to have the right exercises.

I would suggest running, maybe on a tread mill if you have one.
Running and doing leg workouts on a weight lifting machine will build the largest muscles on the body, giving you the ultimate fat burners.

Lifting weights is good as well because it builds the muscle to burn the fat.
Dead lifts, bench presses, pull ups, push ups, and exercises like that are good.

To switch things up you can even do High Intensity Interval Training to burn the MOST fat while still building some muscle.

4. Rest
You may not have guessed that rest was part of the bodybuilder's diet. 
It is indeed essential because your muscles actually grow during rest.
Your body will take the protein that you are consuming and turn it into pure muscle.

I would suggest working out 3-4 times a week and rest the rest of the week.

We have looked at the bodybuilder's diet.
Take action now to get that bodybuilder's body!
I hope that you have enjoyed this post.

Please share this post with your friends and family!

~Obesity Overload~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment